Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

On Friday, May 7th, 2010 at 5:37 p.m.,
Mrs. Abramowitz emailed Mr. Abramowitz:

Hello Harold.

I expect to see Harriet and Theodore on Sunday at 12:30 p.m..

Shabbat Shalom!!

Best,
Mira-Lani

On Friday, May 7th, 2010 at 6:00 p.m.,
Mr. Abramowitz emailed Mrs. Abramowitz:

and do you have a monitor? if so who will it be?

thanks.

On Sunday, May 9th, 2010 at 12:11 a.m.,
Mr. Abramowitz emailed Mrs. Abramowitz:

so should i take your lack of response to mean that you will not be having your visit?

On Sunday, May 9th, 2010 at 10:07 a.m.,
Mrs. Abramowitz emailed Mr. Abramowitz:

Hello Harold.

Today is Mother's Day.

I believe that Harriet and Theodore still want/need to see me, their mother.

If that is no longer the case, or if those entrusted by the state with protecting Harriet and Theodore's best interests have decided that it is better for the children not to see their 'odd and bizarre' (Dupee, S., 2008) mother after two-and-a-half years of 'treatment' for Richard Gardner's Parental Alienation Syndrome (PAS), please advise.

According to my attorney, neither the children's counsel, John E. Carlson (Carlson & Greenberg), nor the children's therapist, Dr. Linda Bortell, have responded to his attempts at communication.

I expect to see Harriet and Theodore at 12:30 p.m..

Congratulations on the publication Not Blessed (Les Figues Press, 2010). We were still living together when you were writing it. I'm glad that you were able to attend Cal Arts and that you are finally making your literary dreams come true.

Best,
Mira-Lani

On Sunday, May 9th, 2010 at 10:50 a.m.,
Mr. Abramowitz emailed Mrs. Abramowitz:

please advise whether or not you have secured a monitor for today. if not, we will make other plans and won't be home.

also, please refrain from extras in your communications with me. also, please advise when you will start contributing support for harriet and theodore financially vis à vis child support and start paying your $14,000+ in arrearages.

On Sunday, May 9th, 2010 at 11:28 a.m.,
Mr. Abramowitz emailed Mrs. Abramowitz:

if we do not hear from you regarding your monitor by noon today, i will assume that you are not having your visit.

On Sunday, May 9th, 2010 at 11:42 a.m.,
Mrs. Abramowitz emailed Mr. Abramowitz:

Hello Harold.

Please don't assume that I am not having my visit.

There will be a monitor (or monitors).

I expect to see Harriet and Theodore at 12:30 p.m..

My understanding is that Harriet and Theodore would like to see me on Mother's Day and every day.

We should definitely discuss child support and finances. I am currently able to provide no-cost after-school care for the children. When would you like to meet?

Best,
Mira-Lani

On Sunday, May 9th, 2010 at 11:46 a.m.,
Mr. Abramowitz emailed Mrs. Abramowitz:

please advise who the monitor(s) will be by noon.

Paying court-ordered child support is among the most basic and important responsibilities of a non-custodial parent. A parent who is able to pay child support and, without lawful excuse, fails to do so may be guilty of a misdemeanor under Penal Code Section 270 [Failure to Provide] and/or Penal Code Section 166(a)(4) [Contempt of Court].

On Sunday, May 9th, 2010 at 11:59 a.m.,
Mrs. Abramowitz emailed Mr. Abramowitz:

G-d willing, Tori and/or Helmi will be coming as usual.

I totally understand that child-support is important. Since I supported and cared for the children on my own from June, 2005 until November, 2007, I know how hard it is to do it alone. I know I can save our 'family' a great deal of money by providing after-school care for the children. Despite the fact that [L.A. Superior Family Court Department 27] court reporter Linda Lyman, CSR #4166, was present and working that day, there is no transcript of the December 9th, 2008 ex parte hearing at which Commissioner [Michael J.] Convey made the order for child support. Since your attorney, Charles Ver Hoeve, never served me with the papers, I was not able to provide information about my post-traumatic financial situation. When would you like to meet to discuss the finances and child support issues?

Best,
Mira-Lani